Baader EOS Protective Wide T-Ring with 7nm H-Alpha Filter
|Delivery time:||Ships from our west coast warehouse in 7-10 days|
This Baader protective T-ring system comes with a 50.4 mm 7nm H-Alpha filter that has been installed in the T-ring body. The filter is plane optically polished and hard coated for long-lasting quality. It is easy to switch this filter out with other 50.4 or 50.8 unmounted filters of your choosing.
Today's large sensor digital SLR cameras and advanced imaging techniques enable amateurs to take spectacular high resolution and long exposure images that push the limits of modern telescope optics. Up until now, the only means of coupling a DSLR to the telescope relies on the use of a standard mass-produced camera T-Ring, which can introduce problems when astro-imaging:
- The use of 42mm T-threads causes a choke-point in the imaging train (typcially 38mm internal diameter), resulting in vignetting in fast systems.
- High resolution digital image sensors and their protective glass covers are highly vulnerable to dust that can enter the body each time the camera is coupled/uncoupled, or in open systems, particularly if the camera has been modified for full-spectrum use.
- Traditional T-rings are mass-produced for generic camera use, with general manufacturing tolerances and design, which result in a potentially loose bayonet fit that can cause focal plane squareness and long-exposure image shifting from lateral play and angular wobble.
The Baader Protective Wide T-Ring System for the Canon EOS takes the traditional T-ring to a whole new level and solves the following issues:
- The 2" wide-aperture of the Baader protective T-ring accepts 3 different attachment adapters, which are included with each T-ring: Standard T-thread (42mm), 2" thin profile nosepiece, and 48mm thread (astro filter standard).
- The internal filter compartment is able to accept both 2" mounted filters and 50.4mm diameter unmounted filters for the widest clear aperture possible (47.3mm aperture).
- Baader has optimized design and manufacturing tolerances to ensure the closest fit possible with the Canon EOS body. This avoids focal plane tilt and image shift caused by play and wobble at the connection point.
This Baader Protective Wide EOS T-Ring System includes 7 configurable parts:
- Baader 50.4 mm 7nm Ha Filter
- Baader Protective T-Ring Body
- Temperature Compensation Ring (for installation of 50.4mm x3mm unmounted filters)
- S52/M48 Adapter (for 48mm connection thread)
- T-thread/M48 Adapter (for standard 42mm T-thread connection)
- S52/2" wide aperture 2" nosepiece (includes M48 filter thread)
- 1.5mm Allen Wrench