Baader Astro Conversion Filter for CANON EOS 300D
DSLR Conversion Filters for Canon EOS cameras. Turn your Canon DSLR into a superb deep sky AstroCamera. Baader's DSLR conversion filters replace the factory correcting filter ("hot mirror"). The special substrate is coated with Baader's renowned coatings. Imagers can now gain full efficiency at H-Alpha wavelengths, and at full resolution (the Baader filter eliminates the Canon factory moire filter, which reduces resolution on astronomical subjects). The thickness of the Baader DSLR filters have been designed to maintain the correct factory focal point (please note: The Baader filter is intentionally of a different thickness than the factory filter - this is required to match the effective index of refraction of the factory 'sandwich' filter).
The Baader DSLR Conversion Filters are produced to the same specifications and by the same processes used for all of their other premium Baader Astronomical Filters. Each filter is optically polished to 1/4 wave and most importantly the ionbeam hardened coatings are applied AFTER cutting and polishing. This important aspect guarantees that your coatings will not peel or degrade due to the softer coatings and edge damage caused by post-cutting operations used by some other filters to cut costs. With a Baader filter, you never need to worry that your internal DSLR Conversion filter will fail prematurely.
This filter is intended for amateurs that are comfortable replacing their camera's stock filter. Please Note: For best performance we recommend installing the filter with the coated (pinkish) side facing out (FACF-1, II, III). The FBCF-400D is clear with no pinkish side and does not require any particular orientation. The digital astro eGroup is a great place for advice on how to replace this filter. Here are links to some very well done filter replacement websites:
If you are uncomfortable doing the replacement yourself, here are two reasonably priced replacement services that use genuine Baader DSLR Filters and are very experienced at filter replacement:
Here's a nice tutorial on retrofitting a Canon 450D with the FBCF-400D: http://strgazr27.zenfolio.com/p71444939
Here's a very nice YouTube video done by Gary Honis on retrofitting a Canon 450D with the FBCF-400D: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IIN0-q2WLY
- Baader DSLR Filters, Replacement Filters for Canon DSLRs
(#FACF-1 for Canon 300D, #FACF-2 for 350D/10D/20D/30D, #FBCF-400D for new EOS 7D/40D/50D/60D/ 400D/450D/500D/550D/600D/650D/1000D/1100D/Rebel XS/T1i/T2i/T3/T3K,T4i, FBCF-5DII for the new 5D MkII)
(200 kB Adobe PDF file, requires acrobat reader 4.x or later)
BAADER UV-IR-Cut Filter, and DSLR Correcting Filter (Canon)
The only infrared blocker in this price range featuring a planoptically polished substrate, parallel to within 30 seconds of arc!
• Reflects destructive heat radiation!
• Protects your valuable solar observing equipment such as DAYSTAR-Filters and the like from excessive heat-stress (ie, from cooking the immersion liquid!)
• Stays cool and will not shatter if subjected to great thermal stress, since even intensive radiation is not absorbed - as with ordinary “heat protective Filters”, such as KG-3 or KG-5. Energy is reflected due to an elaborate interference system of 23 dielectric coating layers.
• 98% Transmission average across the visible spectrum.
• Enables pinpoint star images with digital and CCD- equipment.
• Ultrahard and durable Ion-Beam IR-cut coatings, may be cleaned any time without fear.
• Hard and absolutely scratch resistant 7-layer - multicoat featuring 0.3% residual reflection versus the regular 4.6% of an uncoated substrate.
• Freedom from ghost images due to highest quality coatings
• Plane optically polished! Retains full image resolution even at highest magnification during solar observation or eyepiece projection.
• Available in 1¼" and 2" size
• Incredibly low priced.
• Full family of adapters to mount in (almost) any telescope’s optical train - see the Astro T-2 SystemTM.
• Larger clear aperture than any competing 1¼" or 2" filter.
· Better, more elaborate filter cell design than any competing filter, featuring a CNC-milled “crown” for ease of handling and attachment.
Spectral Transmission, UV-IR-CUT Filter