Astrozap Light Shroud for 10" Meade LightBridge Telescopes - AZ1302
|Delivery time:||More on the Way to us|
- This 10" light shroud is made from light weight breathable black fabric.
- Two ABS bands prevent the shroud from obstructing the light path.
- Upper and lower draw strings.
- The Meade 10" Light Bridge light shroud blocks stray light & dew from reaching the optics.
- Increased image contrast.
- Made in the USA!
Astrozap's Light Shrouds are a necessary accessory for all owners of Meade Light Bridge open tube (truss) Dobsonian telescopes. Truss telescopes leave a large amount of space open to the air between the primary and secondary. This design saves weight, but allows dewing on the optics and stray light to enter the telescope. Both conditions degrade image quality and may prematurely end an observing run.
Proudly made in the USA, Astrozap's Light Shrouds utilize material of a nylon and cotton blend, and are tailored to slide easily over the telescope's trusses. Top and bottom drawstrings secure the shroud in place. They also function as a passive dew prevention system like the Astrozap Dew Shield. Unlike competitors' light shrouds, Astrozap's distinctly designed Light Shrouds retain their shape, keeping the shroud material from sagging into the light path, even in moderate to heavy dewing conditions. If you own a Light Bridge Dob, an Astrozap Light Shroud is virtually indispensable in the field.