Baader 2" BDS-NT Baader Diamond Steeltrack® Focuser
|Availability:||More on the Way to us|
|Delivery time:||More on the Way to us|
2" BDS-NT Baader Diamond Steeltrack® Focuser
Upgrade practically any Newtonian, small or large, with all of the smoothness, precision, and features of Baader Planetarium's 2" Newtonian Low-Profile Diamond Steeltrack Focuser.
- Low Profile. Overall height of only 50mm
- Fully Baffled and blackened drawtube kills off-axis stray light. Tube hole size of 2.4" Diameter required for drawtube clearance.
- Focuser travel of 40mm.
- Versa-Base, fits tubes 8" Dia and larger.
- Optional NT Flat Base available.
- Optional low-profile (1mm) 2"/1¼” Pushfix Reducer.
All Baader Diamond Steeltrack (BDS) Focusers have the following specifications:
- True diamonds form a micro-geared high precision drive system never accomplished before
- In comparison to conventional crayford or rack & pinion drives, this micro-geared movement has zero backlash, zero cogging, and zero flexure
- Diamond Steeltrack 2" focusers lift a payload of 6kg (13 lbs) straight up, without slipping, without excessive bearing preload (bearing preload can be increased further if necessary)
- Bearing system utilizes unbreakable Instrument Grade Roller-Bearings instead of simpler Ball Bearings - handles higher loads with greater rigidity and accuracy. No Teflon-pads anywhere
- 1:10 Stainless Steel fine-focus mechanism, ready for attachment of the optional Steeldrive temperature-compensating motor drive system
- Detachable drive block assembly is reversible for right hand or left hand fine-focus operation and for attaching the Steeldrive motorblock onto Diamond-NT-Steeltracks for newtonian telescopes
- Shortest possible mechanical design achieves optimum balance between focuser height (backfocus) and rigidity requirements
- Zero shift locking knob to precisely stop any movement without affecting optical axis adjustment
- Each bearing individually adjustable for precise alignment of mechanical vs. optical axis
- Ultra-hard subzero coated bearing races – precision milled and much harder than anodizing or stainless steel
- Oversized 55mm inner clear diameter, to prevent vignetting, with anti-reflection knife-edge baffles
- S58 Dovetail ring-clamp built into focusing tube for accepting optional T-2 / M48 / M68 and other S58 direct-thread adapters to enable direct thread connection of accessories and cameras without 2" clamp
- 2" eyepiece clamp with hardened bronze clamp ring (length of clamp: 12.5mm / ½") included as standard
- Optionally available 2" Baader Clicklock-clamp w. integrated S58 dovetail (added length: 16mm / 5/8")
- Two auxiliary threads (M60x1 and M55x0,75) cut into the RT & NT focusing-tube for attachment of dedicated field flatteners or focal reducers/correctors
0 stars based on 0 reviews