Celestron NEXYZ DX Kit with Bluetooth Remote - 81057
|Delivery time:||Ships Next Day|
- A complete digiscoping solution: NexYZ connects your smartphone to an eyepiece while the Bluetooth shutter release button helps you get a steady shot every time.
- NexYZ’s patented design works with telescopes (with most 1.25” or 2” eyepieces), spotting scopes, binoculars, monoculars, and microscopes (with the included adapter rings).
- Connect the remote shutter release to your phone via Bluetooth to take photos or start/stop video recording without unwanted vibration.
- Both devices work with virtually all smartphone models, including the latest devices from Apple, Samsung, and Google.
- NexYZ features three directional knobs (X-, Y-, and Z-axis) that perfectly align your phone’s camera with the eyepiece in seconds. In addition, you can make tension adjustments to keep the phone firmly in place.
- NexYZ stands up to rigorous field use thanks to its robust, durable construction with a metal frame and polymer body.
The NexYZ DX Kit is a great first step into the world of astroimaging or digiscoping. You get everything you need to capture sharp, detailed images and video: the customer favorite NexYZ smartphone adapter and a Bluetooth shutter release remote.
Patented NexYZ Smartphone Adapter
The NexYZ fits any eyepiece from 35mm to 60mm in diameter, including telescopes equipped with 1.25” or 2” eyepieces, spotting scopes, monoculars, and binoculars. NexYZ also attaches to microscopes with the addition of an included adapter ring, which takes the usable diameter down to 25mm, the size of a standard microscope eyepiece.
The NexYZ DX Kit accommodates a wide range of smartphones including the larger “phablets” like the iPhone 8 Plus and latest Samsung Galaxy devices. The phone platform is fully adjustable and can fit any device—usually with the case still on. The secure platform stands up to the weight of these heavier devices with ease, thanks to NexYZ’s strong metal spring and threaded twist lock. Should you need to tighten the tension on each axis for a customized secure connection, click the Support & Downloads tab to read our NexYZ Tension Adjustment Guide.
Bluetooth Shutter Release Remote
To capture the best image, this kit also comes complete with a Bluetooth shutter release remote, which allows you to trigger the camera’s shutter on any Android or iOS smartphone without touching the device’s screen or buttons. This eliminates blurriness in your images caused by the phone or telescope shaking due to pressure from pressing the button manually. Pairing your Bluetooth remote to your smartphone for the first time takes only seconds. Detailed instructions are in our quick setup guide.
Easy as X-Y-Z
What makes patented NexYZ different from other smartphone adapters? The three-axis adjustment. Most adapters rely on you placing your phone perfectly on the platform and only offer limited adjustment in two axes. But NexYZ gives you the power to place your phone on the platform, center it over the eyepiece with the X and Y knobs, and then move up or down over the eyepiece until you have the entire field of view in your shot.
And even though this adjustment is ultra-precise, it’s still quicker and easier than with other adapters. From start to finish, the process only takes about 30 seconds, including the time it takes to insert the phone into NexYZ, attach NexYZ to an eyepiece, start the camera app, and center the camera over the eyepiece using the knobs.
Switching phones, eyepieces, or optical instruments, requires only slight adjustments to re-center the camera over the new eyepiece. If multiple people want to capture a shot through your optic, NexYZ’s simple spring-loaded clamps make it easy to remove one device and replace it with another in seconds. NexYZ is the ideal solution for star parties and group bird walks where everyone wants their own shot of the action.
You can also switch your image from portrait to landscape simply by turning the padded eyepiece clamp and readjusting the X-, Y-, and Z-axis to realign your phone with the eyepiece.
NOTE: NexYZ is compatible telescopes, spotting scopes, binoculars, monoculars, and microscopes. It does not fit riflescopes. NexYZ works with most phone cases, but if you have an especially large phone case with built-in batteries or a folio-style case, you will need to remove it.
- Connect the adapter
- For telescopes, binoculars, and spotting scopes
Squeeze the lever to open the clamp. Position the clamp around the eyepiece and release. Tighten the safety lock.
- For microscopes
Choose one of the two provided adapter rings that best fits your microscope’s eyepiece and secure it in place. (You may need to remove the eyepiece from the microscope to install the ring.) Squeeze the lever to open the clamp. Position the clamp around the eyepiece and release. Tighten the safety lock.
- Attach your phone
- NeXYZ works with most regular phone cases, but you will need to remove “folio-style” cases. To insert your phone, extend the slider. Place your phone on the platform, making sure the bottom is touching the rubber base. Then release the slider. Your phone should now be secure and ready for imaging. If it feels a bit loose, you may need make tension adjustments to keep the phone firmly in place. To do this, reference NexYZ Tension Adjustment Guide under Support & Downloads.
- Open your camera app. Position your phone over the eyepiece using the X- and Y-axis knobs. Then, use the Z-axis knob to move closer or further away from the eyepiece until you have achieved your desired framing. Finally, adjust the focus using the focuser on your optics and snap the image using the Bluetooth phone shutter release remote.
For more NexYZ Imaging Tips and Tricks, check out our knowledgeable base file here.