Celestron EclipSmart Solar Filter - 8” SCT and EdgeHD
|Delivery time:||Ships Next Day|
- Instantly transform your normal Celestron 8” Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes (8" SCT) and Celestron 8" EdgeHD telescopes into a yellow-light solar telescope (for a complete list of 8" scopes, look in description section)
- ISO compliant solar safe film protects your eyes when viewing the sun, unlike some other filters on the market
- Scratch resistant polymer produced by American Paper Optics
- Designed from the telescope’s lens cap for a snug fit, each filter includes two safety Velcro straps and four self-adhesive Velcro pads for safely securing your solar filter in place
Enhance your viewing experience with Celestron's EclipSmart Solar Filter for Celestron 8” telescopes. With two Velcro straps and four self-adhesive Velcro pads for added safety, you can be assured that the solar filter cannot be accidentally knocked off and will provide Solar Safe, ISO compliant viewing.
List of 8" SCT:
- Advanced VX 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope
- Advanced VX 8” EdgeHD Telescope
- CPC 800 GPS (XLT) Computerized Telescope
- CPC Deluxe 800 HD Computerized Telescope
- NexStar 8SE Computerized Telescope
- NexStar Evolution 8
- Nexstar Evolution 8 HD with StarSense
- CGEM - 800 Computerized Telescope
- CGEM 800 HD Computerized Telescope
- CGEM II 800 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescopes
- CGEM II 800 EdgeHD Telescopes
- CGX Equatorial 800 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescopes
- CGX Equatorial 800 HD Telescopes
Solar Safe Technology
EclipSmart solar products feature Solar Safe filter technology providing the ultimate protection from harmful solar radiation, including both IR and UV light, and filters 99.999% of visible light. Celestron Solar Safe filter technology is GUARANTEED SAFE for direct solar observation and has been independently tested by SAI Global Assurance Services.
Solar Safe products conform to and meet the transmission requirements of ISO 12312-2, Filters for Direct Observation of the Sun, EN 1836:2005 + A1:2007 (E) for an E15 Filter for the Direct Observation of the Sun and, AS/NZS 1338.1:2012, Filters for Eye Protectors.