Arcturus NBPF Narrowband Hydrogen-Alpha 12nm Filter 2"
- Take high-contrast CCD images of emission nebulas in full moonlight or in extreme light pollution with this specialized narrowband h-alpha astrophotography filters
- Astrophotography filter provides 90% transmission at H-alpha line of 656.3nm and very narrow bandpass of 12nm
- Reveals subtle nebular details which are usually washed out by contrast-killing broadband light
- Also works great in conjunction with other filters for more advanced astrophotography techniques
- Astrophotography filter with metal filter cell threads into standard 1.25" camera nosepiece or any Multiple 1.25" Filter Wheel
AND at a price that NO oNE can BEAT! Check our our competitors!
Get Great Nebula Images Under City Lights or a Full Moon with the Arcturus Hydrogen-Alpha Narrowband Astrophotography Filter!
Imagine capturing brilliant, high-contrast images of nebulas in full moonlight or in the thick of downtown light pollution. Bring it on, because you can do just that with Arcturus's H-alpha Narrowband Astrophotography filter.
Designed exclusively for deep-sky astrophotography of emission nebulas with CCD cameras, this high-performance telescope filter transmits 90 percent of light at the hydrogen-alpha line of 656.3nm and has a very narrow full width at half-maximum (FWHM) bandpass of 12nm. It blocks out all other light, including artificial light pollution and moonlight. It also blocks infrared (IR) light. The result is a dramatic boost in contrast, revealing subtle nebular details that are usually washed out by contrast-killing broadband light. Stars come out tight and sharp.
This filter is also ideal for capturing luminance data for LRGB color imaging of hydrogen-alpha emission nebulae with monochrome imaging cameras. When the monochromatic H-alpha image is combined with the exposures taken through red, green, and blue filters, the resulting color image teems with fine details that are "missing in action" in a standard color shot.
The Arcturus H-alpha Narrowband Astrophotography filter is the perfect accessory for monochrome imaging cameras. The 1.25"-diameter telescope filter threads into the nosepiece of the camera or an Orion multiple filter wheel. And the price is better than many lesser-quality H-alpha filters on the market!
Note: This filter should NOT be used for solar observation.