Baader ASBF: AstroSolar Binocular Filter OD 5.0 (Specify Size)
|Availability:||More on the Way to us|
|Delivery time:||More on the Way to us|
ASBF – Baader Solar Filter for Binoculars
Safe solar observation with all types of binoculars / safe solar photography with all camera lenses. The AstroSolar filter material is likewise mounted onto a plastic ring whereas the plastic ring itself works as stabilizing element for the filter cell. This still plastic ring is mounted onto the aluminum front frame. The thermal expansion coefficient of the plastic and the film are similar. This category is essentially similar to the ASSF in terms of mechanics. The only difference is that one side is cut off in order to make them usable on any binocular – even when the bridge is nearly closed. (depending on the binocular type).
- ASBF 50 to 100 packages come with three centering bolts of 13mm diameter and 24 mm height, and 3 Safety Straps with adhesive pads, screws, washers and instructions
- Important note: One side of filter cell shortened for use with binoculars. Two filters are mandatory, mentioned price is for one piece only
|Alpine #||Baader #||
Ideally Suited for Aperture
Inner Tube Dia
Outer Tube Dia
|ASBF-50||2459325||50 / 2.0||40 - 60||81 - 96||55 - 70|
|ASBF-60||2459326||60 / 2.4||50 - 70||91 - 106||65 - 80|
|ASBF-70||2459327||70 / 2.8||60 - 80||101 - 116||75 - 90|
|ASBF-80||2459328||80 / 3.2||70 - 90||111 - 126||85 - 100|
|ASBF-100||2459329||100 / 3.9||90 - 110||131 - 146||105 - 120|
After 15 years of offering AstroSolar film sheets as a DIY-product, this system of Baader Solar Filters™ is designed to retain the true optical quality of the diffraction limited AstroSolar Safety Film.
Baader Solar Filters provide a professional and secure solution to observe and image the Sun using AstroSolar Safety Film. Many ready-made filters stretch the filter material like a drumhead in order to make it look like a piece of glass – this absolutely estroys the image quality, rendering the film useless for high magnification work. AstroSolar must be mounted entirely stress free in order to perform like a high precision planeoptical window. It sounds like a contradiction with the traditional perception of quality, but AstroSolar must show slight ripples! When the film is put under stress by an improper cell mount its optical quality is degraded and it tehn performs just like a common coated glass-filter made of untreated floatglass.
With AstroSolar™ the Sun appears in it’ s real color – neutral white. Other films and most glass filters produce a blurry bluish, yellow-orange, or reddish Solar image, thereby cutting part of the spectrum. Especially with an orange sun, it is very hard to see faculae regions which are visible predominantly in the blue wing of the spectrum.
Baader Solar Filters are available in 3 types; ASTF - AstroSolar Telescope Filter, ASSF - AstroSolar Spotter Filter, and ASBF - AstroSolar Binocular Filter. With a total 21 sizes, there is a Baader Solar Filter available to fit practically every Telescope, Spotting Scope and Binocular.
Supplied with each BSF
- Original Baader AstroSolar® Safety Film (OD 5.0), cell mounted and quality inspected by skilled members of Baader's staff
- Clear white IR-rejecting front ring with reinforcing raised edges along the outer and inner circumference, designed to protect the solar filter material from contact with any sharp metal edge
- 3 injection molded centering-bolts with threaded brass inserts to center the filter-cell in front of the tube opening. These bolts come in three different diameters, depending on the filter category (ASTF/ASSF/ASBF). Each bolt features injection molded rubber grip-faces, shaped to easily slide onto any telescope tube – but to come off very hard
- No tool mounting and adjustment of the centering bolts to fit a wide variety of mechanical tube diameters. Bolts made to contact the outside or optional (if appropriate) the inside of the optical instrument tube NOTE: SCT Users must only mount the filter to the Outside of the Tube (the limited depth of the SCT front ID prevents adequate engagement of the centering bolts)
- Non-rotating sliding fasteners made from aluminum that hold the centering bolts. These metal sliders are equipped with a machined indicator to point towards the adjustment index
- Additional Phillips screws are integrated into the sliding fasteners, so that the centering bolts can be firmly fastened with a screw driver if preferred by the user
- Index scale provided beside each adjustment slot – adjacent to each sliding fastener, for fast and repeatable adjustment of the filter cell onto different telescope tubes
- Black sliding washers supplied to securely cover the full length of the adjustment slots in the aluminum frame – for blocking sunlight from passing trough the filter cell beside the filter area
- Only for ASTF-filters: rubber plugs supplied as cover for closing unused adjustment slots in the aluminum frame
- Three security straps included, to secure the position of the filter cell with Velcro-adhesive pads. A safety feature to absolutely ensure a secure fit in front of the telescope under any circumstances (gust of wind asf)
- Warning text printed onto the front side of each filter cell: Read the Instructions before use
- Cardboard gift box fit for safely shipping the filter
FILTER SIZE 50 mm MANUFACTURER Baader Planetarium SKU (#) 2459325 EAN CODE 4047825033079 USAGE Visual solar observation and imaging ASTROSOLAR FILM AstroSolar Safety Film OPTICAL DENSITY 5.0 INNER DIAMETER / CLEAR APERTURE (MM) 50 OUTER DIAMETER 110 FILTER MOUNTED? Yes OUTER CLAMPINGRANGE (13MM BOLTS) 55 – 70 INNER CLAMPINGRANGE (13MM BOLTS) 81 – 96 SOLAR WAVELENGTH Whitelight (integral light)
FILTER SIZE 60 mm MANUFACTURER Baader Planetarium SKU (#) 2459326 EAN CODE 4047825033086 USAGE Visual solar observation and imaging ASTROSOLAR FILM AstroSolar Safety Film OPTICAL DENSITY 5.0 INNER DIAMETER / CLEAR APERTURE (MM) 60 OUTER DIAMETER 120 FILTER MOUNTED? Yes OUTER CLAMPINGRANGE (13MM BOLTS) 65 – 80 INNER CLAMPINGRANGE (13MM BOLTS) 91 – 106 SOLAR WAVELENGTH Whitelight (integral light)
FILTER SIZE 70 mm MANUFACTURER Baader Planetarium SKU (#) 2459327 EAN CODE 4047825033093 USAGE Visual solar observation and imaging ASTROSOLAR FILM AstroSolar Safety Film OPTICAL DENSITY 5.0 INNER DIAMETER / CLEAR APERTURE (MM) 70 OUTER DIAMETER 130 FILTER MOUNTED? Yes OUTER CLAMPINGRANGE (13MM BOLTS) 75 – 90 INNER CLAMPINGRANGE (13MM BOLTS) 101 – 116 SOLAR WAVELENGTH Whitelight (integral light)
FILTER SIZE 80 mm MANUFACTURER Baader Planetarium SKU (#) 2459328 EAN CODE 4047825033109 USAGE Visual solar observation and imaging ASTROSOLAR FILM AstroSolar Safety Film OPTICAL DENSITY 5.0 INNER DIAMETER / CLEAR APERTURE (MM) 80 OUTER DIAMETER 140 FILTER MOUNTED? Yes OUTER CLAMPINGRANGE (13MM BOLTS) 85 – 100 INNER CLAMPINGRANGE (13MM BOLTS) 111 – 126 SOLAR WAVELENGTH Whitelight (integral light)
FILTER SIZE 100 mm MANUFACTURER Baader Planetarium SKU (#) 2459329 EAN CODE 4047825033116 USAGE Visual solar observation and imaging ASTROSOLAR FILM AstroSolar Safety Film OPTICAL DENSITY 5.0 INNER DIAMETER / CLEAR APERTURE (MM) 100 OUTER DIAMETER 160 FILTER MOUNTED? Yes OUTER CLAMPINGRANGE (13MM BOLTS) 105 – 120 INNER CLAMPINGRANGE (13MM BOLTS) 131 – 146 SOLAR WAVELENGTH Whitelight (integral light)