Arcturus 1.25 Flip Mirror System with Helical Focuser
|Delivery time:||In Stock|
A flip mirror allows selecting between your eyepiece and camera quickly and easily for focusing and framing. No more swapping the camera and eyepiece! A knob on the side of the unit flips the internal first surface diagonal mirror down to up letting the eyepiece or camera/imager see the image. Pure aluminum in anodized black.
- simple changeover between eyepiece and camera via a pivot lever
- accurate focusing via the eyepiece
- the flip mirror makes astrophotography much easier
- object adjustment in the eyepiece is the same as in the camera
- The Arcturus flip mirror has a 1.25” connector which will fit onto any standard telescope. The helical focuser will accept any standard 1.25“ eyepiece. There is a T-2 thread provided on the camera side - the standard fitting for all cameras.
* Makes framing and focusing celestial objects for CCD imaging as easy as flipping a switch!
* Find and focus your target visually through an eyepiece, instead of by tediously taking pictures
* When object is focused in the eyepiece, just flip the lever and you're ready to snap a CCD image
* Designed specifically for use with CCD Deep Space Imagers and similarly sized CCD cameras
* Accepts 1.25" eyepieces (not incl.); nosepiece or T-thread connection to 1.25" telescope focuser
As easy as flipping a switch, the Imaging Flip Mirror enables the astro-imager to find, center, and focus a target object visually with a 1.25" eyepiece, then photograph it with a CCD camera. All without swapping out any equipment. It's a real time saver, making the normally tedious task of focusing with the CCD camera alone quicker and easier Rather than having to take numerous photos to locate and focus your target, the Flip Mirror lets you do those things visually with an eyepiece. An internal mirror deflects the incoming light 90 degrees up into the eyepiece. A helical fine focus mechanism on the eyepiece holder lets you set the eyepiece focus to be parfocal with the camera. Then, once you've focused the object in the eyepiece, a flip the side lever drops the mirror to allow the light to enter the camera, rendering a sharp, focused CCD image The Imaging Flip Mirror was designed specifically for use with Deep Space imagers and similarly sized CCD cameras, for which it provides full sensor illumination. Male T-threads on the unit's metal housing allow direct attachment of the CCD camera body. The housing itself connects to a telescope's 1.25" focuser or adapter via the nosepiece, which alternatively can be removed to expose T-threads for direct coupling. The nosepiece is threaded for 1.25" filters. As convenient as it is for CCD imaging, the Imaging Flip Mirror also lets you enjoy visual observation when you want to take a brief break from shooting pictures. Maybe you want to catch an eye-full of that bright planet before it sets. You can do so without having to dismantle your camera setup! Why not streamline your astro-imaging routine and take an occasional break to enjoy the views while you're at it? Get the Imaging Flip Mirror today! Accepts 1.25" eyepieces, not included.
Housing dimensions, excluding nosepiece and eyepiece adapter: 3.3"L x 2.2"W x 2.3"H.
Requires 80mm of additional inward focus travel.
Weighs 9.4 oz.
One-year limited warranty.