The ZWO ASI1600MM Cooled Camera Kit 3 includes the monochrome version of the cooled ASI1600 camera, the EFW7 Filter Wheel with a 7-position carousel for 36mm filters, LRGB 36mm unmounted imaging filters that are optimized for the ASI1600, as well as a 36mm OIII, SII, and Ha CCD filter! Check it out!
About the ZWO ASI1600MM Cooled
Monochrome CMOS Imaging Camera
The ZWO ASI1600MM is an amazing camera for the money! The 16MP CMOS monochrome sensor has very low read noise (1.2e), a maximum of 23 FPS at full resolution, and a back focus distance, with the M42 adapter removed, of just 6.5mm. The 4/3" sensor sports a 4656 x 3520 image array of 3.8um pixels.Regulated Two Stage TEC Cooling!
The ZWO ASI1600MM-C camera allows the sensor to be cooled to 35C to 40C degrees below ambient. Below are the extra features that can be found on the camera body, specifically related to the cooling feature:
- Next to the ST4 Guider and USB 3.0 ports, you’ll find a 2.1mm center positive input for a cooler power supply (not supplied). ZWO recommends 12VDC at 2A max
- Below the power supply input is a Cooler Power indicator LED light
- A huge heat sink, which is nearly 2/3 the size of the camera, is located on the side of the body
- The top of the camera sports a MagLev fan, which utilizes the attraction of the magnetic levitation force for low acoustic noise, high temperature endurance, and long life.
Other features of the ASI1600MM-C include a high speed USB 3.0 port, ST4 guide port, built-in hub, and a heated sensor window. The included software is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems. Everything you will need to control your ZWO camera is available and easily downloadable in one centralized location on the ZWO website. Click here for ZWO Software Downloads.
ZWO ASI1600 Sensor Features
- Sensor: 4/3" Monochrome CMOS
- Resolution: 16M
- Diagonal: 21.9 mm
- Image Array: 4656x3520
- Pixel Size: 3.8um
- Max Frame Rate at Full Resolution: 23 FPS
- Window: AR
- Guide Port: ST4
- Exposure Range: 32us - 2000s
- Read Noise: 1.2e at 30db gain
- Full Well: 20ke
- Back Focus Distance: 6.5 mm
- Interface: USB3.0/USB2.0
- ADC: 12bit
- Adapter: 2” to 1.25”/M42 x 0.75
- Dimensions: 62 mm Diameter by 41 mm
- Cooling: Regulated Two Stage TEC
- Delta T: 40-45 below ambient
- Cooler Power Consumption: 12V at 2A Max
- Weight: 410g
- Working Temperature: -5ºC - 45ºC
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
ZWO 7-Position 36mm Filter Wheel
The ZWO EFW7 has a black anodized body that is CNC machined from a block of aircraft-grade aluminum, and the stepper motor is made in Japan by NPM.
The seven position color filter wheel, which can rotate in either direction, accepts either 36mm unmounted filters.
To use the ZWO EFW7 filter wheel, install the ASCOM driver and plug the included USB2.0 cable into the USB port on your camera. Alternately, you can connect the EFW7 via the USB cable directly to your computer.Other included accessories are a T2 nosepiece, a Holder-T2 and T2-T2 Adapter, and a 7-position filter carousel that will accept the included 36mm unmounted filters.
The ASCOM driver is compatible with a wide range of control software.
ZWO 36mm Unmounted LRGB Filter Set
for ASI1600 Cameras
Three 36mm Unmounted Narrowband Filters - Ha, SII & OIII
The ZWO ASI1600MM Kit #3 includes three 36mm unmounted narrowband filters to enhance your imaging. You'll receive a Hydrogen-Alpha (Ha) CCD filter (not for solar work), an Oxygen III (OIII) filter, and a Sulfur II (SII) filter.
- This set of four 36mm unmounted filters have been optimized for use with the ASI1600 monochrome sensor
- The ZWO Premium LRGB Filter Set includes a 36mm (IR-Cut) Luminance Filter, 36mm Red Filter, 36mm Blue Filter, and a 36mm Green Filter
- Each filter in this ZWO LRGB filter set delivers over 92% light transmission at passband
- RGB color combined weights are approximately 1:1:1
- 700-1100nm infrared wavelength cut-off and precision off-band blocking
- The ZWO Premium LRGB Filters are fine-optically polished for 1/4 wavefront accuracy
- Multiple layers of anti-reflection coatings increase performance
- These filters have a small spectral gap to minimize the effects of light pollution