||Ships in 2-3 business days from our Warehouse
CFL model flanges can be swapped easily allowing the focuser to be used on multiple scopes.
How to change the flange on a CFL model focuser:
- Use a 1/8 inch Allen wrench to back out the 3 set screws located 120 degrees around the upper flange part.
- Back out the aluminum locking thumbscrew.
- Twist and pull off the bottom flange part from the upper flange part. Note: white lithium grease will cause some sticktion when trying to pull them apart.
- Install new flange, add some grease if needed.
- Lightly snug up the 3 nylon tipped set screws so they just touch the new flanges radial dovetail. Then lightly snug them and rotate flange to desired resistance. Flange should be stiff but rotate smoothly.
- Snug up aluminum thumbscrew to lock position.
- Some customers may need to change / swap the upper flange part. It is easy to change once the lower flange is removed.
- Use a 5/32 inch allen wrench to remove the 3 cap head bolts and remove the upper flange part. Install the new upper flange part using the same bolts, then re-attach the lower flange as noted above.
Please note: Some older CFL model focusers may have a 1 piece solid (non rotating flange) and require purchasing an upper flange part. The upper flange part with twin dove tail finder brackets is $60